Friday, December 4, 2009

Starting a new project is rough :o(

Friday, December 4, 2009

What in the world happened to 2009....didn't we just celebrate Mother's Day???? LOL

In the last few weeks, I have learned how to do Fair Isle knitting and Double Knitting. I really like the looks of both of them, however, I seem to be having a hard time learning them both.


I did finally finish a DK hat. Here is the picture of both sides. I made up the pattern, no big deal...lol...I am glad the picture doesn't show all the errors. I really do like it though and it makes such a nice warm hat for cold weather. I want to try making a baby sweater/jacket in this method. I don't seem to be able to find even one pattern for that so I guess I will have to make that up too...lol
If anyone knows of a pattern, I would really love to know where to get it :o)


2 comments:

  1. Nice hat!! Did you use Alasdair's cast on method? I did, I love it! I think like he says, it's elegant. If you want to make a baby coat, just use any pattern, just double the stitches to make it DK [I think] I'm going to try that too for my grandson and yes... us old dogs CAN learn new tricks! LOL My next challenge will be fairisle, which kind of intimidates me but it keeps knitting interesting to say the least! Way to go AuntB :)
    BTW-nice blog, you have good taste, I used the same template for my blog too :D
    Carol
    http://youngancestors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete